Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 1.5 hours
TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURs
- 8 Jalapeños seeded and halved lengthwise
- 1 pound thinly sliced bacon (16 slices)
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup grated Romano
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ½ sweet onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
Preheat grill for indirect grilling at 120C/250F.
In a medium bowl mix all of the filling ingredients together.
Fill each of the jalapeno halves with the filling mixture.
Wrap each half jalapeno with 1 slice of bacon covering all of filling.
Place each of the bacon wrapped jalapeños in a perforated disposable aluminum pan.
Place on the grill on the cooler side.
Grill indirect at 120C/250F until cream cheese is bubbling out the edges, and the bacon is cooked approx 1.5 hours.
Grilling and BBQing anything wrapped in bacon is a serious event. Always have a kitchen rated fire extinguisher nearby.
Remember grease fires + water do not mix. Wear gloves when handling jalapenos.